Collaborate more easily with Harvard SharePoint, even if your collaborators aren't a part of the HUIT Office 365 community. Those external to HUIT's Office 365 can still access shared SharePoint files using an existing Office 365 account from another school or organization or with a free Microsoft account.
How to share your files
- Log in to SharePoint by going to http://mso.harvard.edu
- Go to the SharePoint site you want to share
- If you want to share the entire site with someone, click the share icon near the top right
- In the people picker window enter the email of the external user in the top box and select the permission level they should have in the drop down and click "share"
- If you want to share just one folder, or even one document, go to the page that lists the folder or document
- Select the folder or document you want to share by clicking to the left of the item. A red checkbox should appear
- Select Share from the document library menu
- Enter the names or email addresses of the people with whom you want to share: Note: To share with those outside of HUIT's Office 365 community you must type the full email address of the person with whom you want to share.
- Click Show Options and uncheck the box next to send an email invitation if you want to share without sending an email notification.
- Click Share