You can access your personal quarantine and settings at any time by using a web browser to navigate to https://spam.huit.harvard.edu or by clicking the "Manage My Account" link in your End User Digest. Your login is your email address and password.
Digest SettingsBy default, you will receive an End User Digest every day at 4:00 P.M. if you have had any messages quarantined on your behalf since the previous digest was sent.
- If you do not wish to receive a digest, you can disable it by deselecting the first option
- If you would like to receive a digest every day, whether you have newly quarantined messages or not, select the second option as well as the first
- To have a complete list of your quarantined messages sent to you on-demand, choose "Request Summary Digest" from the Options dropdown on the Menu bar
- Default - appropriate for most people, offers the best balance between stopping unwanted spam and bulk emails and allowing desired mail
- Relaxed - might be desirable if you are overly concerned about the potential of legitimate emails being stopped and would rather not wait for the daily End User Digest
- Restrictive - not recommended for most people as it will quarantine any suspicious email, regardless of the system's level of certainity about it being spam. Only use this filter if you are not concerned about the possibility of legitimate emails occasionally being quarantined.
- None - all email sent to you bypasses spam filtering
Always click Save after making any changes!
Safe and Blocked Senders Lists
- Safe Senders List - messages from senders or domains on this list will bypass spam filtering and be delivered directly to your inbox after being screened for viruses and other security threats
- Blocked Senders List - messages from addresses or domains in this list will not reach your inbox
Adding Entries to Your Lists
- After selecting the appropriate list, click the New button on the Menu bar
- Type the email address or domain you want to add to your list and click SaveContinue creating entries, clicking Save after each. When you finish, click Close
Managing Your Quarantined Email
All email suspected of being spam is placed in your Quarantine and kept for review for 28 days before being discarded irretrievably by the system.
Click Find in the Menu bar to search for a message in your quarantine by subject and date range
If you have reviewed all the messages in your quarantine and wish to purge them, choose Delete All from the Options on the Menu bar.
Previewing Quarantined MessagesIf you are unsure whether a message is spam by the subject or sender, you can safely preview the content directly from your message list.
- Select the message and wait for it to load in the preview pane at the bottom of the screen
- Preview the message content at the bottom of the window to determine if the message is spam. If the message has an attachment, you can download it by clicking on it.
Options for Quarantined MessagesYou may choose one of the below options from the Menu bar after selecting one or more messages in your list:
- Safelist - Deliver the message to your Inbox, add the sender to your Safe Senders List, and automatically report that the message was not spam.
- Release - Deliver the message to your Inbox and automatically report that the message was not spam.
- Blocklist - Add the sender of the message to your Blocked Senders List.
To Retrieve an Attachment:
- Click on the Email Firewall folder in your Folders list
- Select the message and wait for it to load in the preview pane at the bottom of the window (this could take a while since the messages are quite large)
- Click on the attachment in the message preview pane to begin downloading it to your computer; it will be saved to you default internet download folder (usually "Downloads")