Microsoft has announced that Skype for Business will be retired in 2021 and will be replaced with Microsoft Teams for its chat and conferencing capabilities. HUIT will be making this change on the evening of June 12, 2020 starting at 6PM. For additional information about the transition, please visit our article Skype for Business Transition to Microsoft Teams. Please visit our Microsoft Teams service description for additional information about Microsoft Teams.
Skype for Business lets you connect with co-workers or business partners in your company or around the world. Start conversations with instant messaging, voice over IP, or video calls.
What you can do with Skype for Business:
- Chat (IM), audio or video connect with Harvard colleagues, Skype with colleagues inside and outside of Harvard including colleagues using the consumer version of Skype.
- Hold and schedule online meetings where you can share your desktop or a program, add attachments, and create shared notes.
- Connect to Skype for Business from anywhere! Use your desktop, the Outlook Web App (OWA) or mobile devices to chat and join meetings.
What you should know:
- In the Outlook Web App (OWA), you will see the Skype for Business Online icon in the upper right
- Enter your primary email address to log in.
- Your username and password will be cached after first use / login
If you need additional help visit our training section for a list of training resources.