Please note that the minimum requirements are that your machine is running Windows 7 and contains at least 4GB of RAM. Please contact the HUIT Service Desk at 617-495-7777 for assistance if your computer needs the Operating System or RAM upgraded. Click here to find out what operating system you are using and how much memory you have available.
Important Notes before you begin the Upgrade:
- The full installation process (including download) is estimated to complete in one hour
- Plug your computer into a power supply before beginning the installation to prevent your computer from going to sleep
- If your computer falls asleep during the installation, once it is awake, the process will pick up wherever it left off.
- Please do not open any Microsoft Office applications until the installation is complete
Step 1. Please save your work and close all open Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Publisher, InfoPath, and Visio).
Step 2. In the lower left corner of your desktop screen, click the Windows icon and open the start menu (Figure 1, A).
Step 3. Type ‘Portal’ into the search bar at the bottom of the menu (Figure 1, B).
Step 4. At the top of the menu under Programs, select ‘Portal Manager’ (Figure 1, C).
Step 5. Select the ‘Microsoft Office 2013 32 bit MSI’ package (Figure 2, A). After you have checked the ‘Office 2013 32 bit MSI’ package, go to the upper left hand corner of the window and click the ‘Launch’ button (Figure 2, B).
- Note: You can extend the name column by dragging the right side of the ‘Name’ column at the top of the window.
Once the installation begins you will see the progress bar that is depicted above (Figure 3). Please do not open any Microsoft Office applications until the installation is complete. If you run in to any issues please contact email@example.com (617-495-7777).
After your installation completes please see Getting Started with OneDrive for Business.